Smile, Act and do Business The New Way
Statistics show that a company’s culture has a direct impact on employee turnover, which affects productivity, and therefore success.
Most company cultures are based on an old way of doing business that is formal, is not inclusive, & almost purely performance focused. Even if you think that this isn’t a reality in your business, we know that once we work with your people, the reality is – it often is.
Makes you want to leave doesn’t it?!
A recent Columbia University study shows that the likelihood of job turnover at an organisation with a high company culture is a mere 13.9 percent, vs. 48.4% in companies where culture is seen as low. The Department of Economics at the University of Warwick have found that happy workers are 12% more productive than the average worker, and unhappy workers are 10% less productive.
A Gallup panel in 2015 discovered that 60% of all employees were considering a new job. The reason? To find something that ‘allows me to do what I do best’ which rated 20% points ahead of increased income.
Business The New Way? Positive business culture is easy…but our research shows that we can make it so complicated!
What is a business? Is it an organisation, or a group of human beings – all with a soft center – who want to be the best of themselves and therefore do what they do best?
Every single one of our clients fits into this description.
If change starts one person at a time what are you going to do to make your organisation do Business The New Way?
Here’s how to begin today:
- Question old & formal processes, are they needed for real compliance or a legacy from the 1970’s that de humanise culture?
- Remember that where you work is actually a group of human beings that service others in some way. Not an entity separate from those who are part of it.
- Most of us conform to what we find at work. Be innovative and look at things as you would if it were your own company or life, and make positive changes.
- Be yourself, not who you think you should be. Work to drop self-consciousness and be you, humanising the workplace.
- Have courage to speak up positively and make a difference via the decision makers.
- Smile. Unless you’re in a job that is life & death remember perspective and what you are there to be and do, enjoy it and do it in a way that reflects the very best of what you are good at.